Innovation in mobility: Electric bus
As part of the move forward towards sustainable cities, a fundamental step is to establish Sustainable Mobility as the main possible mobility.
This entails the transformation of all means of public transport provided by the city for the population.
This brings us to the emergence of the electric vehicle, where we will focus on the electric bus.
Advantages of the electric bus
We will share with you the most important advantages when considering the migration to electric fleets.
1. Lower consumption costs. A traditional bus consumes large amounts of fuel, mainly petrol or diesel. Electricity is cheaper in comparison, which is vital for buses making long journeys.
2. Better distributed space. The electric propulsion engine takes up less space, which creates extra room that can be used for comfort and convenience.
3. Less atmospheric pollution. This is one of its main advantages and why it is the future. By incorporating electric buses we drastically reduce the pollution emitted into the atmosphere.
4. Aid and subsidies from public administrations. In order to promote the use of clean energies, public administrations offer different aids for the financing of everything required for fleet migration.
5. They do not produce noise. In addition to the reduction in pollution, incorporating electric buses into public transport also reduces noise in the city, as they are almost imperceptible to the ear.
6. Economical maintenance. The maintenance cost of an electric bus is much lower than that of a traditional vehicle.
Electric bus migration planning
However, although the benefits outweigh the benefits, there are also certain issues to consider when making this migration.
These points can be solved if we plan the migration and get advice from a suitable mobility consultancy.
1. Reduced autonomy. If we do not correctly identify the needs of our journeys and our timetable, we can make the wrong choice of electric vehicle to acquire, which results in a vehicle with less autonomy than we need.
2. Purchase price of the bus. The price of the electric bus decreases over the years and is expected to do so more and more, in addition to the aid granted by public administrations. Likewise, it is necessary to make an investment to be able to have a successful migration to fleets. At Evectra we help to optimize each part of the project, in order to manage all your resources correctly and avoid overspending.
3. Recharging time of the batteries. The recharge time in electric vehicles is a very well known topic. The key is good planning of the bus routes and the time available for them to be stationary. With the right dimensioning of the charging infrastructure, we can use this to our advantage.
The advantages of opting for an electric bus are many, but we must take into account the obstacles we face to be able to dimension the help we need and to be able to carry out a successful fleet migration.
At Evectra, we foresee the obstacles that can arise providing optimal solutions to carry out an effective energetic transition.
We advise companies and public administrations in their electric mobility strategy from its definition to its execution, covering all the phases of the project. Join Green Mobility, we help you!