Grants for the implementation of Low Emission Zones
There are already two calls made by the MITMA, in 2021 and 2022, where the aid programs for municipalities for the implementation of zones emissions and the sustainable and digital transformation of urban public transport, with an initial budget of 1,500 million euros.
At EVECTRA we are committed to the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plans and, therefore, we help your town hall to continue transforming itself into a sustainable locality and aid with European funds are the best way to achieve these objectives.
What does this aid consist of?
The objectives of the aid program are the implementation of low emission zones, financing actions that contribute to articulating a reliable, attractive, accessible and affordable urban public transport system that reduces pollution; to deploy fleets of more modern, efficient and zero-emission vehicles; to introduce a concept of intelligent mobility adapted to new mobility habits; to digitize the planning, management and evaluation by public administrations and to promote that active mobility develops easily in the urban environment.
- 1 billion were budgeted for the 2021 call
- 500 million in the second call of 2022, which can be increased to a maximum of 550 million euros depending on budget availability
Up to 90% of the eligible costs are covered (with quantitative limitations according to the population of the municipality. Fixed-amount subsidy, subsidies for fleet changes). The granting of these aids is established in competitive competition, assessing the maturity, impact, quality and relevance of each application.
Who can be beneficiaries of this aid for the implementation of low emission zones?
- Provincial capitals.
- Municipalities > 50,000 inhabitants.
- Municipalities >20,000 inhabitants that meet certain conditions, that have a valid Sustainable Mobility Plan and municipal public transport.
- ⚠ Supra-municipal entities => only if the municipalities they represent renounce to appear individually.
Each municipality, which meets the conditions to be a potential beneficiary, can submit a single application that includes up to six actions of any line, as long as it meets the requirements to request it. There is no minimum amount of funding to request for each action and the subsidies are paid in a single payment as an advance.
The aid established in the second call is articulated in four lines:
Aid for bankable actions to accelerate the implementation of Low Emission Zones
- Implementation and start-up of a LEZ.
- Complementary actions to existing LEZs or new ones: sensors, enforcement systems, on-board violation control systems, etc.
Digital and sustainable transformation of collective public transport and promotion of active mobility.
- Priority platforms and lanes (or exclusivity) for public transport.
- Platforms and lanes reserved for bicycles and/or newly built VMP.
- Adaptation of existing roads and urban space for bicycles and/or VMP.
- Implementation of pedestrian zones and itineraries and improvement of accessibility.
- Actions to calm road traffic (signage, enforcement, actions in infrastructures…)
- Actions to improve accessibility (people with reduced mobility and special groups) of the public transport system.
- Dissuasive car parks under municipal jurisdiction, provided that:
- Dissuade people from accessing by car to other urban centers or attractive centers that are located in the vicinity of public transport stations in cities.
- Dissuade people from accessing the urban center where they are located, located on the periphery by car
- Establishment of regulated parking areas not included in an LEZ
- Actions that improve intermodality, both between means of public transport and with last-mile vehicles.
- Implementation, expansion or improvement of public bike rental systems and VMP
- Actions to improve the urban distribution of goods
- Rail transport actions of local infrastructure or technological competence that encourage their use.
- Purchase/renovation of railway rolling stock for local competition services.
Promote the transformation of public passenger and freight transport towards a zero emission activity:
- Acquisition of 0 emission vehicles for municipal public service fleets:
- Electric buses (BEV): Category M2 and M3
- Buses powered by hydrogen (FCV, FCHV): Category M2 and M3.
- Heavy vehicles of category N3 electric or hydrogen-powered for the provision of the municipal public waste collection service or the provision of the municipal public urban cleaning service.
⚠ Category N2 vehicles are no longer financed.
⚠ of exploitation.
- Complementary actions:
- Installation of electric charging points.
- Adaptation of garages, whenever necessary for the installation of charging points.
- Consultancy for the design of electrification actions and exploitation plan. ⚠ Aid cannot be requested for a number of connection pointsormore than the aid for the acquisition of vehicles of the specified type. Only items related to the installation of charging technology and necessary components are subsidized. Not contemplated actions of rehabilitation, maintenance of buildings, auxiliary facilities or power generation (solar panels and the like).
- Measures aimed at the digital and sustainable transformation of public transport and promotion of healthy mobility.
- Actions to digitize the activity of public transport services to improve the service and the user experience: travel planning tools, improvement of ticketing procedures, integration of transport tickets, technologies to facilitate access to transport for PRMs, systems that result in energy efficiency.
- Actions to improve the management of the Administrations: intelligent, sustainable and safe management of mobility, digital twins, to provide information on the transport offer to the National Point of Access to Multimodal Information, transport systems on demand, mobility management systems based on the measurement of air quality or other environmental factors.
From EVECTRA we can help you
Within the established term, marked by the following call, EVECTRA will prepare the documentation on time and in due form .
We will take care of compiling the necessary documentation, carrying out the appropriate projects, filling in the models and/or standard annexes established by the call, reviewing the documentation provided by the beneficiary, etc. Always in collaboration with the beneficiary, the adjustment of all the necessary documentation and presentation of the application will be made as indicated by the norm. The requirements that may arrive from the Administration will also be addressed, requesting clarification of the documents or providing new ones to complete the requests.
Once the favorable resolution is obtained, the preparation of all the necessary documentation will be carried out to justify the activities subject to subsidy and any possible requirement that may arrive on the documentation provided, until the final granting of the aid.
Contact us and we will help you!