Good practices in urban mobility
We would like to share with you some good practices in urban mobility and why we should pay attention to them.
PROBLEMS IN URBAN MOBILITY
One of the biggest problems in big cities are the daily movements of millions of people in different motor vehicles, transport of merchandise, etc.; causing problems of safety, accidents, pollution, noise, congestion and loss of public space as a meeting place.
Among all these problems we see an opportunity to improve the mobility experience for all.
SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY PROJECTS
Through sustainable mobility projects we can respond to the mobility needs of the population, as well as reduce the environmental impact and recover public space for people to enjoy.
Barcelona, a large city with a large population, is moving forward with actions that seek to adapt urban space to ensure a more sustainable mobility model.
Initially, the city implemented the Mobility Plan (PMU 2013-2018) as a planning instrument that defined the lines of action that should guide the city’s urban mobility. The objective was to move towards a more sustainable, efficient, safe and equitable collective mobility model.
Initially, the specific objective was to ensure that users and the different means of transport could coexist on public roads.
The new Urban Mobility Plan (2019-2024) of the city proposes a change of mobility model that follows the line of the previous PMU: increasing pedestrian mobility, generating safe and comfortable spaces, and reducing the use and presence of private transport with combustion engines.
The main objective of the PMU 2024 is to increase the use of public transport, cycling and sustainable means of private transport, in order to move towards a more sustainable, safe, equitable and intelligent mobility.
URBAN MOBILITY PLAN IN BARCELONA
The main areas of the PMU 2024 are:
- Reducing accidents associated with mobility.
- Promote active mobility.
- Reduce transport-related air pollution.
- Reduce transport-related noise pollution.
- Facilitate modal shift towards more sustainable modes.
- Moderate energy consumption in transport and reduce its contribution to climate change. Increase the share of renewable and “clean” energy consumption.
- Encourage alternative uses of the public transport system.
- Ensure accessibility to the mobility system.
- Ensure equitable mobility by age, physical condition, gender, income and neighborhood.
- Improve the conditions for mobility for work and daily life.
- Increase the efficiency of transport systems.
- Increase the use of shared-use vehicles.
- Incorporate new technologies in mobility management.
- Improving the mobility service by introducing “mobility as a service” technologies.
¿How many of these lines of action are you putting into practice? Many of these proposals are already underway ¡Don’t lag behind!
We can help you to:
– Design and size the project that best suits your needs.
– Migrate your fleets to electric mobility
– Define and conceptualize your new recharging point infrastructures
– Carry out the corresponding procedures and legalizations in each process.
¡Don’t wait to contact us to find out more about our services!